Wednesday, April 2, 2014

3 MONTHS and LOVIN' it!

WOW THIS WEEK HAS BEEN CRAZY BUSY!!!

I will start of with a miracle. Last monday was nuts. We ended up taking an emergency trip to Santa Monica that took almost all day so we didn't have time to go grocery shopping and we were pretty low on food. And to top it off we had NO dinner appointments. We were in a pickle!! But we knew that because we had done service, the Lord would provide for us. And as we were making calls people just started inviting us to dinner. And the ward had to 2 parties with a lot of food so we were able to eat there. So we were super taken care of and we were so grateful!

Also one of the senior couples in the mission just went home and they live about 10 minutes from Sheila's (my aunts) house. They are so sweet. They are the Kelly's. They live on the opposite side of the freeway. I am definitely visiting them when I get home.

This week we got to go to the temple. It is so beautiful!! I loved it even more because as I walked around I was like oh I cleaned that, Oh I vacuumed here, I hung that chandelier. The session was so great and I learned so much. I get to go again this month because my companion is going home.



We also went twice to a salad restaurant in the Westfield mall. The owners are members so all missionaries eat free. It is so delicious!! I have never been so full off of salad in my life!! They are super nice people and the mall is so fancy. They have underground parking and a valet system....

We had another earthquake this week. Friday night, we were walking up to our apartment and as we got to the top of the stairs the whole building started swaying back and forth. It lasted a good 15 seconds. I like the swaying ones better than the shaking ones. Since then our emergency kits have been updated and we have had to review safety and emergency procedures.

This weekend was full of activities. Friday night we had a party for one of the members 50th birthday. It was so fun and a lot of our investigators came. They had entertainment dances during dinner and a singer from Mexico came. We left before the real party started though...

Then Saturday we had the Women's broadcast and so we had to go into another town to watch it. It was so good! I especially loved the videos and the music! It made me so excited to watch General Conference. Afterward we came back for an elder's despedida (farewell). It is something the ward does its really cool. So instead of doing a farewell talk Sunday, they do it Saturday and the missionary gets to chose who speaks and its all about them and then afterwards there is food. It is a really good idea. At first I thought it was a little silly but now I see that it is a good idea.

We are in the process of finding new investigators. But our goal for this transfer is to work with the members. We are teaching a lady and she will be baptized after she gets back from El Salvador. Also her mom is supposed to be getting baptized the 6th but she will probably want to wait until her daughters get back from El Salvador. We don't know for sure, we are going to visit her today and find out.

I hope everyone is super excited for General Conference!! I promise that if you go with questions in mind and have faith that they will be answered, they will be. I know that we have living prophets today who receive revelation from God for our day. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that he is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that if we let Him, He can become our best friend, closest ally, and our anchor in times of trial. I know that Heavenly Father loves each and every one of us and that He has a perfect plan for us. I know that the true church has been restored on the Earth today. I love you all so much and know that good things are coming your way. Invite a friend to watch conference, who knows you might get your own baptism!!

I love you all! Have a great week!
Hermana Montgomery

No comments:

Post a Comment