Saturday, March 22, 2014

Such a busy week! :)

Hello Everyone!! Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

This week was so busy!! So I'm going to try and get in as much as I can! Here we go....

This week was so good! We had a baptism and it was amazing! The lady's two daughters came and the spirit was so strong. She bore her testimony and it was so good!



Update on one of our investigators: She is still reading the Book of Mormon but doesn't want to get baptized because her dad was not happy about it. I think she is really scared and intimidated by him. But we went over for her birthday and it was really good.

Update on Abuelita: She hasn't been doing well this week. She has been feeling very sick and we haven't had much time to visit her because we were out of the area a lot but this week we are going full force back to her.

Update on the one of our families: We dropped them about a week ago and on our way to coordination meeting Sister S. called us crying and said that they were going to loose their house. She was so upset and so we said we would try to help her out but we didn't make any promises. We talked to Bishop Nunez and he said to invite the family to church and he would talk to them afterward to see if there was something he could do help. At first they said they would come but when we called Saturday night they said they wouldn't come because they were too shy. So we are going to visit them tonight and they have to be out of their house by Wednesday so we will see what happens there.

The area is going well and I love the ward members here. They are so great!! I love the young people of this ward and their desire to help the missionaries! It's so great. They contact us and ask if they can come with us. The work really is hastening here. It's going to be a little strange this week because we sort of have to start over again and find some more investigators. But I'm excited.

We have had some miracles on the street. We found a family for the English Elders and we found one lady for our area. We have a ton of formers and potentials to work with so I have no doubt that we will be able to find new investigators.

This week we had such a good sister training. We were asked to study Psalms 23. I have learned so much from it. It was such a great conference and it was nice to just have it be sisters. I encourage all of you to study Psalms 23.

This week I also got to do temple service. It was also so amazing! I loved being in the temple. It was so beautiful and huge!!! I cleaned the plants in the garden room. We cleaned each plant one leaf at a time. Then I got to help hang one of the chandeliers. It was so pretty. I learned so much from the workers that was in charge of the chandeliers. There were some water spots on the crystals and we had to clean everyone individually because he said the Lord walks through here and he notices every little detail and we don't want to disappoint him. Then we vacuumed each chair and the floor and washed each chair. We vacuumed the hallways and cleaned more plants. It was so beautiful in there. I also met one of Kristina Nye's friends from BYU-I (Zach who married Kambrie Neild's roomate and he came on a camping trip here). I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to be inside of the Lord's house.

We also had a carne asada party at a family in our ward's house as kind of a farewell to half our district. It was so good. All the missionaries and the ward missionaries were there. We ate and had birthday cake for Elder Casco. Then a few of us were asked to bear our testimonies and I was one of them. It was the best night we have had so far it was so good to all be together and relax a little.

 
 


So update on foods I like: PAPSAS, avocado, and orange/mandarins...yes you read that right!! Something is wrong with me....haha

Also there was an earthquake this morning. It caught me in the middle of my prayer and was super scary but nothing bad happened but I was definitely awake!

I survived transfer and will be here with Sister Monroy for another transfer. This is her last transfer before she goes home. In mission terms: I'm killing her and she will die here. Missionaries talk really weird....

I just want to tell you all that specific prayers work. I said two this week and they were answered perfectly!! It was so cool. One was that Sister P would arrive by 4:07 and she arrived exactly at 4:07! And then I prayed that a girl would call us back by the time we made it to her intersection and that she could come with us and she called us back and could come! It was so cool!

Anyways I don't have anymore time but I love you all!! Have a great week!
Hermana Montgomery

 

No comments:

Post a Comment